Head Of Loans Operations
This is a Full-time
position in Toronto, ON
posted April 19, 2017.
- Manages overall staff and quality of service in supporting the corporate and institutional customer-lending activities of the Bank in Canada and for an agreed portfolio of US business.
- Ensures that the organization and personnel in place are adequate to efficiently service the Bank’s credit portfolio and to maintain adherence to the Bank’s and the Department’s policies and procedures.
- Promotes staff development and training and interacts directly with internal marketing staff, credit, finance, other operational areas, and external customers, as necessary.
- Ensures timely communication and cooperation between the Jersey City and Montréal processing areas and the management in Canada and the US.
- Directly responsible for the Extended Services and Canadaloans Processing Teams.
- Responsible for the development and reporting of agreed-upon KPI’s to local and Regional Management.
- Ensure that the team provides a high and increasing quality of and professional service that supports customer-lending activities. This includes maintaining a high level of accuracy in transaction processing, and timely and accurate notifications, billings and reporting to customers and participant banks. It also includes ensuring consistency between teams and that the staff represents the Bank in a courteous and professional manner.
- Structure the areas to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Be proactively involved in overseeing the overall workflow and team performances. Periodically review work processes and recommend changes as deemed necessary to either make better use of available personnel and/or to streamline the processing (including system enhancements).
- Develop and maintain a controlled processing environment. Ensure adherence to all external regulatory and internal policy guidelines and ensure prompt response to all Audit points including active management of action plans to closure
- Perform periodic review of Loan Servicing’s exception reports, billing, general ledgers and other reports to identify problem items and ensure exceptions are cleared in a timely manner. Liaise with decisional departments to ensure that all accounts under the responsibility of Loan Processing Teams are reconciled on a timely basis and in accordance with established procedures and agreements.
- Ensure that significant errors, processing problems, and other issues of significance are reported in a timely manner to upper management and where applicable in the Bank’s Incident Management System. Take appropriate action to address these issues and to avoid repetition. Work with Governance and Operations Control Manager to improve controls in the Department.
- Ensure the maintenance of the policies and procedures, in both English and French [where required], in an up-to-date condition in coordination with the Production Support and Control Manager. Consistently strive to improve day-to-day controls in the areas.
- Ensure staff have an understanding of and compliance with all statutory and Compliance directives and policies.
- Participate in the maintenance of the area’s business contingency plan. Coordinate premises and IT needs for the department as necessary.
- Provide subject matter expertise on projects in scope and participate in UAT.
- Ensure on-going staff development and training on an as needed basis. Develop and maintain training and succession plans. Ensure that the staff complies with the established administrative guidelines and performance is consistent with overall objectives.
- Review recommended promotions, salary increases and bonus
- Assist in the budgetary process and manage costs including overtime on a pro-active basis.
- Provide information in response to requests for information and other interaction with Inspection Générale, Internal Audit, regulatory examiners and outside auditors, as well as respond to subpoenas and other legal inquiries.
- Represent the Department/the Bank as required in both internal and external arenas. Keep an open dialogue with the various business relationship managers to ensure that the Department is rendering the required support for the Bank’s business.
- Minimum of 10 years managerial experience in loan servicing and/or banking, preferably managing a staff of 20+ employees.
- Banking and Banking regulation knowledge.
- Capability to manage large and complex processes across numerous operational units under direct management.
- Communication skills to present complex concepts, data points and reporting to an eclectic range of stakeholders from Level 1 operation to Territory Management.
- Deep passion for detailed work and well-crafted technical, operational and human problem solving.
- Demonstration of empathy and care for others, in order to develop people, seek the best out of them and come up to best and true information and solutions.
- Teamwork and capability to communicate to peers, clients and employees in a clear, transparent, efficient and strategic way.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Flexible for travel [average 1 week per month].
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications – oral and written English & French a pre-requisite.
- Expertise in MS Office products.
- Education level: None
- Work experience (years): 10+ years