Our client, a major Financial Institution, has engaged us to identify and present a Business Analyst with a solid track record in the Network tools/Infrastructure asset management. The client is in the process of evaluating their existing tools and procedures used.
The required BA will work within the Enterprise Infrastructure Team, the group responsible for the deployment, support and audit/asset management of the Infrastructure environment.
The required candidate BA will work on 2 projects:
- Audit of the tools and processes used by the networking team, and by the desktop rollout and support team. The BA will evaluate the existing tool set, define the various tools in use, understand synergies and variances, and possibly make recommendation on the consolidation and amalgamation of the tolls set across these two team.
- Security and Intrusion Detection tools. The BA will not be required to have prior expertise in this area, though it is a nice to have. This is a smaller scale project and is not expected to be the main focus of the role. The Security tool set is smaller and better defined by its nature.
The BA will be intermediate, with experience in the networking/infrastructure space, and will perform the following functions:
- Gather, document, examine and manage business requirements on projects/baseline by following the current company development methodology. This involves managing/facilitating business requirements sessions, conducting interviews and maintaining or creating documentation
- Apply business requirements gathering and analysis techniques to develop quality business requirements, and facilitate the communication between the business and technology areas to address business issues
Perform risk assessments and business requirements validation
- Ensure written requirements are clear, understandable, audience appropriate and accurately captures the key information required for a quality solution that meets business needs.
Partner with the technical staff to interpret the needs of the business, assist in the design of the solution, and deliver the expected result to our business partners
- Communicate with our business partners in an effective and timely manner, ensure potential issues are tracked and escalated in a timely manner
- Participate in the quality assurance testing cycle as required. This may include preparation and execution of test strategies, test plans, test situations, test cases and test reports.