Sr Business Analyst- Capital Markets
SOAR Consultants Inc.
This is a Full-time
position in Toronto, ON
posted April 19, 2017.
Our Client is a Toronto Based IT Consulting company specilized in Financial Industry
looking for Senior Business Analysts (Capital Markets) who will work closely with our project teams in GTA area to successfully deliver Application Development and System Integration projects.
- At least 7 year experiences of business and systems analysis in the Banking and Financial Services Industry
- At least 5 years working in the Capital Markets functional areas especially in the front office (i.e. trading), back office (i.e. valuation, confirmation, and settlement), middle office (i.e. position, P&L attribution, and cash flow monitoring, reporting), and risk management (market risk and counterparty credit risk)
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of the wholesale asset classes (e.g. equities, fixed income, FX, commodity, and rates) and derivative products.
- Experiences with one of the front office trading platforms
- Working knowledge of interfacing with external data interfaces (e.g. Reuters, Bloomberg, MarkIt)
- At least 5 years in requirement management and planning, elicitation, facilitation and documentation
- Knowledge of financial data and system processing, ideally regulatory, and compliance based project work e.g. Basel II/III etc
- Familiar with industry standards (e.g. FpML) and regulatory requirements (e.g. Dodd Frank Act)
- Analytical background (quantitative a plus)
- Strong team player
- Strong Communication skills Sound understanding of IT system concepts and principles Expert in technical and business writing
- Good understanding of UI design techniques
- Thorough understanding of both waterfall and agile methodologies and approaches
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational datamodel
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering, Preferably with one of the following designations or certifications: Master of Business Administration in Finance Master of Finance Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) – CFA Institute Financial Risk Manager (FRM) – GARP
- Define scope and requirements for projects and systems
- Gather functional and non-functional requirements from various stake holders (e.g. traders)
- Document business and technical requirements accurately and logically
- Define screen mock-ups and design user interface to help visualize the target solutions
- Document source to target data mapping Develop system integration specification
- Facilitate meeting/interviews and communicate requirements to sponsors, stakeholders and project team members
- Verify the target solution and support the technology to ensure that the target system will meet the requirements
- Test the solution to validate the project requirements and objectives Work with client project managers for effort estimation and defining the proper approaches for requirements gathering
- Help mentor and support junior Business Analysts and other team members Provide subject matter expertise for offerings and services
- Education level: University
- Work experience (years): 6-9 years