CARQUEST Auto Parts
The HR Subject Matter Specialist provides superior customer service experience by supporting HR specialists with technical expertise and assistance to resolve Team Member inquiries through both call center and transactional excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assist with processing transactions or assisting with phone coverage as assigned to meet department telephone accessibility and processing turnaround objectives.
Research customer inquiries that have escalated. Escalate inquiries that require final resolution to the Team Leader.
Answer Team Member questions in a friendly positive, responsive manner, regarding Payroll, Benefits, HR, Applicant Tracking, and Performance Management. This includes referring Team Members to proprietary reference portals and other self-service systems as needed.
Educate Team Members on Payroll policies, HR guidelines, general Benefit information, and SOPs to ensure consistency for both quality and compliance purposes.
Assist other HR Specialists with resources and technical expertise in multiple areas including Benefits, Leave of Absence, Payroll and HRIS. Participate in issue resolution tracking to drive efficiency and identify opportunities that can improve the customer experience.
Recommend process improvements and updates related to Benefits, Payroll, and/or HRIS processing; identify changes and facilitate testing needed to enhance related processes.
Audit Team Member files, process and research HR system transactions, run reports and handle special projects as determined by the team leader.
Act as a catalyst for change, support leadership to promote and execute on goals as established by the department. Communicate with leadership to identify system issues and process issues that need improvement to better serve customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bilingual proficiency with English and French is mandatory.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, including proper business etiquette and grammar.
3. Strong typing and data entry skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
5. Broad knowledge of processes and procedures in one or more HR functional areas.
6. Knowledge of HR systems and other programs used to support field inquiries.
7. Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to identify and set priorities to meet the demands of a dynamic work environment.
8. Ability to work a flexible schedule to provide proper coverage to meet department deadlines.
9. Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify operational problems, recommend optimum solutions and follow through to resolution.
10. Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
11. Ability to read and interpret documents such as the Team Member Handbook and Training materials.
12. Intermediate level HR system knowledge and experience is required.
13. Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel is required.
14. Experience in a call center work environment is a plus, but not a requirement.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College or University Degree preferred and
2-3 years related experience; or
Equivalent combination of education and experience.
CHRP designation or in process