Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, the Social Media Specialist is part of the marketing team, responsible for the overall content, health and engagement of Canada Goose’s global social media communities. This position requires experience with a variety of social media platforms, and a passion for creating highly engaging content. Interaction with a number of key global internal stakeholders is a must and includes: customer service, sales, brand, creative and product development teams.
This individual is highly organized and has a keen creative eye to bring the Canada Goose brand to life across the globe via owned social media programs, while partnering with the teams managing earned and paid social strategy.
This will be a one-year contract term.
- Oversee global editorial calendar in partnership with global brand team and external agency partners
- Partner with key regional social stakeholders to ensure regional content is accounted for
- Run creative development process of global content for all social media channels (video, imagery and copy) with internal, freelance and / or agency partners
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of Canada Goose’s global social media content strategy for all platforms
- Manage global social priority calendar and update all marketing calendars on social priorities
- Work in partnership with the social moderation, paid social and earned social teams and head up bi-monthly strategy sessions to ensure cohesion
- Set up and continually optimize global brand pages within each relevant platform to increase the visibility of Canada Goose’s social content online
- Manage weekly global social media reporting and incorporate regional learnings
- Execute macro-social media campaigns to support global marketing/business initiatives
- Maintain and educate other internal stakeholders about the company’s voice online
- Execute social media community acquisition program, supporting all regional markets and tracks growth accordingly
- Ensure social media has a place across every global marketing touchpoint, where appropriate
- Educate and rally employees to follow and engage with Canada Goose’s social channels
- Establish close relationships with the customer experience, PR and brand teams to ensure we are communicating cohesively on social
- Lead weekly global social media meetings
- Stays current with social platform developments and best practices in an effort to push innovative concepts and test/learn campaigns.
Experience, Education and Designation(s):
- University degree or college diploma in marketing related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in social media position, preferably with a global retailer or brand
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Passionate about social media and the broader digital marketing landscape
- Experience using social media analytical tools and presenting insights
- Strong project management skills and can self-manage multiple deadlines
- Understanding and interest in outdoor and fashion apparel industries
- Team player who confidently develops strong relationships with internal and external contacts, but can successfully work independently
- Consistently shows initiative, curiosity and appetite for learning
- Strong writing, editing and language skills / copy-writing background a plus
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using a variety of existing and emerging social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)
- Understand creative nuances and best practices per social media platform in order to develop content that is authentic and drives performance.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, and SEO
- Although this position requires the specialist to be in the office for a standard 40-hour week, working evenings and weekends are required based on the nature of the role
- Office environment in a fast-paced, and quickly evolving, creative company
- Some travel may be required
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.