Position: Accountant – Investments
Salary: From $30 to $40 per hour
Job Type: 6-month contract
Our client, a large investment firm located in downtown Toronto, is actively seeking an experienced Accountant for a 6-month contract with a strong chance of extension.
This position will work closely with the Private Investments, Real Estate Investments, Investment Finance and Financial Reporting departments to ensure efficiency and accuracy of legal entity accounting and reporting.
– Review legal entity accounting records to ensure compliance with Investment Management Plans
– Assist in the preparation of legal entity financial statements and supporting schedules
– Work with Corporate Finance to manage accounting changes
– Ensure Master Loan Agreements are complete and up to date
– Coordinate with Treasury department on cash-sweep, self-funding and restricted account process
– Monitor debt-to-equity ratio and report results to relevant Investment departments
– Review financial statements prepared by third-party service providers for completion, accuracy and compliance with policies and standards
– Ensure appropriate repatriation of funds per Investment Management Plans and manage cash flow requirements for operating expenses
– Manage all intercompany service level agreements
– Ensure ongoing compliance with reporting requirements; resolve discrepancies
– Maintain ongoing effective working relationship with Internal Investment staff to ensure issues are discussed and resolved and that financial controls and reporting requirements are met
– Perform other duties and projects as assigned
– Undergraduate degree in business or other relevant discipline
– Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in a related role within the financial services or investment industry
– Strong quantitative and accounting skills with a background in reporting
– Professional accounting designation (CA, CPA, CGA)
– General understanding of various private investment deal structures
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we’re a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Visit us at www.quantum.ca for more job opportunities!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial