Position: Bilingual IT Service Desk Technician
Salary: Up to $50K per year
Perks: Benefits, including medical and dental insurance
Job Type: 12-month contract
Our client is currently seeking an IT Service Desk Technician to work in their Level-1 Support team within the Information Technology group across their Canadian offices.
The ideal candidate must have excellent customer care and communication skills as they will be dealing with all levels of customers. They also need to be proficient in helpdesk technologies and applications in order to provide a high level and wide range of service. Please note that this role is a 12-month contract located in downtown Toronto.
Our client provides a great work environment, a competitive compensation package up to $50K per year + benefits, including medical and dental insurance.
– Acting as the first point of contact for all IT queries (including but not limited to PC hardware, printers, software license and application queries) from assigned customers in person, by email or by telephone, and responding to queries in a prompt, professional and efficient manner
– Logging and updating all queries within the ticket logging system, in line with set procedures
– Proactively identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives
– Engaging in formal and informal knowledge transfer, ensuring that knowledge base articles are available to the team and kept up to date
– Managing, owning and being responsible for all IT level-1 and 2 support issues for assigned customers
– Referring calls that cannot be resolved immediately to appropriate members of the Level-2 and 3 Support teams
– Building or rebuilding, and installing laptops and PCs as required for assigned customers
– Being proactive in identifying IT coaching and training needs, and working with assigned customers and the IT Training team to address needs accordingly
– Supporting internal visitors to the local office
– Assisting users with remote working via Citrix/VPN
– Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested by the Team Leader/Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
– Good command of English and French (speaking and writing)
– Excellent customer service skills
– Experience working in an either level-1 or 2 support role in a busy professional services environment, supporting 2,000+ customers
– ITIL certification
– Experience working within a call centre environment, using a ticket management system
– Significant experience working with high-profile, VIP customers, in a demanding and time-critical environment
– Ability to troubleshoot and understand the customers’ requirements, to be able to deliver the right solution to meet their needs rather than their wants
– Process driven, with the ability to focus on the end result
– Microsoft certification
If you are interested, please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: email@example.com.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we’re a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Visit us at www.quantum-qtr.com for more job opportunities!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.