Data Analytical Specialist/Scientist Contract
Step by Step Professional Services Inc.
This is a Contract
position in Toronto, ON
posted March 20, 2017.
Key deliverables to be performed by the consultants include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To support the influence and impact across the enterprise in promoting the analytics strategic direction across the enterprise.
- To help develop and support the use of the Analytics, tools, and best practices across the enterprise.
- Provide consulting services to ministry business partners on their information consumption and analytical needs.
- Participate in the creation of detailed plans and accurate estimates towards development, testing, and implementation of the project or program.
- Contribute to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
- Participate in Proof of Concept or Proof of Technology projects.
- Provide expertise & training to business users.
- To help develop proposals and feasibility studies for small to medium projects.
- Conduct technology research, evaluate Analytics tools and produce strategy/direction papers.
- Provide advice and guidance in the areas of advanced statistical modelling, econometrics tools and techniques.
- Provide planning advice to the project team on the use of data, and building capacity within the client on performing advanced analytics and data analysis.
- Provide direction on the statistical relevance of data to the project team
Based on the scope, the consultant must have a minimum of 10+ years of the following skills and experience:
- Experience in working with and analyzing large and diverse data sets, identifying relationships and themes.
- Strong knowledge of design, development, and implementation experience utilizing Analytics technologies.
- Knowledge of Statistics and modelling techniques such as econometrics.
- Knowledge of advanced data visualization tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and analytical tools such as R/SAS/SPSS
- Expert documentation skills.
- Knowledge of BI technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral); ability to communicate with people in a wide variety of areas and at various levels from technical specialists to senior management.
- Must be able to work in a high functioning team environment.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and team work skills.
- Outstanding consulting and relationship management skills, with proven ability to elicit requirements, develop/consult on options and solutions, and provide effective guidance
- Adept at communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with a range of analytical methods, techniques and tools such as, but not limited to: statistical analysis and modelling, data mining, machine learning and algorithms, natural language processing, and other related disciplines at the specified experience level
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume data from structured and unstructured sources
- Experience developing data extraction, transformation, and load functionality for large relational and multi-dimensional data stores
- Experience designing high quality interfaces to present information in a meaningful way to end users
- Broad understanding of data management, financial and business analysis, database architecture, and information visualization
- Proficiency in query languages and experience constructing complex query statements
- Experience in one or more programming or scripting languages
- Strong investigative and logic skills.
- Proficiency in mathematics and statistics
- Awareness of emerging Business Intelligence trends and directions
- Functional area experience as required
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Level of education: None
- Work experience (years): None