Step by Step Professional Services Inc.
Scope of Services and Deliverables – The Services and Deliverables to be provided by the Vendor will include the following:
The Consultant will be responsible to provide technical DB2 DBA consulting expertise specific to mainframe DB2 operations, and leadership by performing the following tasks:
* Support the upgrade process from PS 9.0 and PS 9.1 to an PS version 9.2 environment
* Assist in the planning and actions required to retire customizations from a technical perspective
* Modification or creation of code to insure systems performs as expected through a like for like upgrade
* Documentation and escalation of system issues
* Provide technical knowledge and expertise on current state/future 9.2 state of the system functionalities
* Assists in the activities to maintain development, testing and production environments
* Support of functional and QA teams through planning and execution of testing.
* Provide post-implementation system support
* Completion of tasks against project timelines according to plan
* Identify and report on issues and risks
* Provide regular updates and status reports to the technical lead
* Ensure that solutions are sound and are aligned with best practices
* Able to investigate and troubleshoot system issues and address/troubleshoot defects
* Responsible for ensuring identified issues are resolved
The must be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the following skills, activities, or areas. The knowledge and experience must have been gained through work on a project(s) similar in size and scope to this project:
* 10+ years of experience in database management technologies and database design methods, techniques and practices (e.g. PeopleSoft HCM 9.0, 9.1, and 9.2, application, database using Mainframe, DB2, v10 & V11)
* 10+ years of experience in with mainframe z/OS operating system platforms, database backup/recovery and security requirements
* 5-7 years of experience in data and information architecture (e.g. logical and physical architectures) to develop data architecture and models
* Minimum 5 years of experience of application database and software installations (e.g. scripting, SQL and programming), configuration, upgrades (e.g. application and database change management, capacity management)
* Minimum 2 implementations of PeopleSoft Version 9.2 HCM
* Demonstrated knowledge of technical performance and monitoring software to ensure database integrity and performance standards are met
Highly Desirable Requirements:
Knowledge and experience in the following are highly desirable and are being sought in the Consultant:
* Experience with a public sector or unionized environment.
* Experience in working with large scale Human Resource, Absence Management and Payroll applications.
* Experience with SQL, System Testing Leadership experience in the following areas:
o DB2/ZOS environment.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* Multi-tiered functional application analysis
* Design of large or medium corporate database applications
* Establishment and/or management of information resource management functions in large or medium organizations
*We thank all those who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.