We have been engaged to identify and present 4 contract resources, 2 in Toronto, 1 in Waterloo and one in Montreal, for a level 2 Deskside support analyst (s), to support a Wireless rollout for an enterprise with users dispersed in multiple locations across Canada. The user base is in the Thousands.
The Manager is adding 4 resources with experience supporting users with PC operating systems (specifically Windows XP and Windows 7), computer hardware repair, and device connectivity (TCP/IP, network adapter configuration).
Working within a well-defined escalation process from front line (Level 1) and a ticketing system, the Consultants will povide Level 2 On-Site Support for all reported end user related incidents (desktop, laptop, printer, peripherals, enterprise applications)
• Provide inventory control and lifecycle asset management for end user computing devices.
• Execute PC refresh strategy. This requires coordinating and scheduling the refresh work activity to meet end user availability, and following established procedures for hardware device refresh to include configuration of standard desktops/notebooks and peripherals.
• Process and deliver upon client service request for Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes, & Deletes.
• Participate in key software and hardware deployment projects. Examples include: PC operating system upgrades, security software upgrades, major enterprise application rollout, major hardware upgrades and/or rollouts.
• Manage and maintain On Site Support procedures and operational documentation. The incumbent will ensure procedural documentation is maintained current and accurate. The incumbent will author updated 1st Level support scripts for the Service desk agents.