Groundsperson with DZ License
Davey Tree Expert Company of Canada, Ltd.
STARTING: Applications accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has opportunities in the field of Urban Forestry, as Groundman-Trimmer Trainee. Davey is a leader in the Residential-Commercial tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
- Groundwork support for trimming operations;
- Chainsaw, chipping and loading trimmings/brush;
- Ability to learn climbing and proper pruning procedures;
- Assist the Trimmers and Foreman in job site setup, debris removal, cleanup, and equipment maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid DZ license or equivalent REQUIRED
Valuable qualifications, but not required, we’ll train you:
- General landscaping experience
- Understanding of safely climbing trees, knowledge of knots, strong tree ID skills
- Chainsaw and chipping operations
- Clean driving record
- Valid DZ license or equivalent
- Positive attitude and work ethic ability to work safely, as part of crew team, willingness to learn and progress
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
- Full-time hours with occasional overtime pay.
- Excellent benefits package, RRSP and career advancement opportunities.
- Employee owned company with stock options available after 1 year of service.
- The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.