Infinite Outsourcing Solutions
Infinite Outsourcing Solutions is a top provider of excellent service in the recruiting and staffing industry. With extensive experience in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have developed the knowledge and skills to deliver the perfect fit between a candidate and a client.
We are seeking for a motivated and results driven individual to join our Client’s North American Regional GEM Department as a Manager, Process Field Engineer.
Our client is one of the largest companies in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, they’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases. The Toronto location is one of the company’s four major R&D and manufacturing sites, and home to the North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D.
The Manager, Process Field Engineer executes process engineering activities for strategic capital projects within the North American Regional GEM Organization. This position is required to manage development, concept, design and fabrication, commissioning and qualification of process and utilities equipment and systems, interconnecting field piping in a construction as well as a GMP environment. This position will be responsible for interfacing with different trades (architecture/building, mechanical, electrical, automation) to ensure the correct installation of process equipment, utilities equipment and field piping where adhering to established regulatory compliance requirements. The incumbent is also responsible for developing appropriate solutions to satisfy the needs of internal customers in accordance with company guidelines and procedures, and within budget and schedule commitments. The incumbent is accountable for acting and involved in producing designs and then implementing the designs (commissioning and qualification post installation) according to GEM best practices.
– Interpret process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams, mass balances and process descriptions, functional specifications to ensure proper installation of systems and piping in the field. Determine if there are gaps in the design and trouble shoot equipment and piping in the field. Responsible for understanding the process and utility requirements to ensure proper installation, commissioning and qualification.
– Perform appropriate reviews with stakeholders. Make sure engineering contractor calculations are correct and review vendor designs for adherence to specification and best practice guidelines. Participate in PTI reviews. Responsible for design that meets project budget and schedule.
– Responsible for leading and working with piping contractor and various other trades to ensure interconnecting field piping for process and utility systems are designed and installed per design requirements. This would involve interpreting piping isometrics and P&IDs to ensure proper slopes while avoiding interferences for all field installed piping, valving and equipment. Responsible for proper installation of skidded and non-skidded equipment and their required connections (electrical and piping) while diligently adhering to SPL’s safe practices.
– Support commissioning and qualification effort as required. Lead C&Q execution for accountable systems. Participate in SLA and FCCA. Review C&Q test plans for technical content. Support mechanical completion and start-up. Participate FAT, SAT and Critical Test plan execution.
– Contribute lessons learned to the network. Participate in global initiatives when requested. Responsible to understand current global design guidelines and application.
Education & Experience:
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday: 8:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Our client embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Their goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives.
Only those who have fits the responsibilities, requirements, skills and competencies for this position will be contacted. Please read carefully before submitting.