We are an established dog services company looking for a dog walker to join our team. We are flexible and can do a part time or full time schedule for the right person, although full time is certainly our preference. This would be perfect for someone who is finished with the corporate world, retired or semi-retired, or just a dog lover all around. We are looking for a mature, responsible, dedicated and kind person, someone who is all about the dogs and not in it for the money though you can make a good living at it! This can be a very rewarding job for someone who loves animals but it isn’t always easy, it is a REAL job and it is challenging. We do group walks of approx. 6 dogs, all off leash so that’s something you’d need to be comfortable building up to. We do offer training and continued support and advice so you can be successful in this job.
- You must be available between the hours of 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. If you are only looking to do one walk a day (either am or pm) we can do that too.
- You must have either owned dogs or worked with dogs.
- You must have a vehicle that can safely transport 6-8 various sized dogs. And please keep in mind it can get very, very messy! Wet, dirty dogs in your car type messy, there will be hair everywhere, nose and paw prints all over the doors and windows. If this discourages you, this job is not for you.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and car insurance and a clean driving record.
- You must have an active cell phone, preferably with access to email and camera. You need to be available to the office for any updates/changes on the fly.
- You must be bondable and able to provide an up-to-date copy of a clean criminal record check (at your expense) and driver’s abstract.
- You must be incredibly reliable. You must enjoy (or be able to work through) being outside in the rain, snow, cold and miserable weather. The dogs never take a day off from needing a walk so we don’t either. You will need to be prepared and make sure you have the proper outdoor clothing, etc.
- This is long term, so please no temp or students who aren’t looking at this as such.
- You must be able to work with supervision or independently.
- You must have common sense and good decision making skills.
Apply online at www.thebarkzone.com or for more information call us at 416-783-9726.