Position: Project Manager
Salary: From $70 to $80 per hour
Job Type: 12-month contract
Our client is one of North America’s largest utilities, and is consistently recognized as one of Canada’s top employers. These awards speak to the organization’s efforts to attract and retain employees through a combination of benefits, positive working conditions and a culture that values teamwork, results and accountability.
They are currently looking to add a Project Manager to their growing team for a 12-month contract.
In this role reporting to the Manager, Process and Project Management, you will:
– Identify and implement effective customer care solutions to meet business goals within the Customer Care group
– Work as part of the Customer Care team to develop and lead initiatives to enhance business operations and improve customer experience
– Work in partnership with the IT team to ensure system solutions and the long-term technology road map meets divisional requirements
– Lead the development and implementation of initiatives, and manage and report on the delivery of Business Unit projects; assist in the preparation of strategic business and action plans
– Collaborate with other departments and vendors to ensure the Customer Care KPIs and strategic objectives are met; facilitate and introduce new processes and technology to staff
– Plan and develop business cases to support large-scale business/divisional projects, including the recommendation of best practice process and systems improvements; implement effective solutions both functional and technical within the customer services area; provide business analysis, project definition and scope, and conduct feasibility studies and cost benefits analyses
– Assess and evaluate the current state of the Customer Care (call centre, accounts receivable, billing, and data collection and management) operational environment, identifying new opportunities and risks
– Develop, implement, and manage systems related to customer service experience, ensuring business requirements and customers’ needs are addressed; partner with IT to develop and implement systems that support the customer service model
– Act as key business resource for projects and initiatives within the Customer Services division, managing multiple projects; develop work plans and provide project status updates; ensure projects meet high quality standards and milestones
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant professional designation or a combination of equivalent related training and applicable experience
– Project Management Institute PMP certification – preferred
– 5 years of experience with business process redesign, analysis of business processes and identifying areas for improvements and development of new processes
– More senior experience in business project implementation
– 3 to 5 years of leadership experience
– Operational experience in a call centre and/or accounts receivable environment
– Experience creating goals and developing strategies to achieve the goals
– Experience managing the delivery of business projects up to $500,000
– Experience managing the delivery of project capital budget of up to $5 million
Other Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
– Strong analysis skills coupled with business knowledge in the utility sector
– Knowledge of systems related to customer services; knowledge of AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure), customer billing and accounts receivable systems
– Full proficient use of MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio and other project management tools
– Knowledge of customer services processes, both functional and technical
– Strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills
– Problem-solving and decision-making skills
– Demonstrated superior verbal and written communication skills
– Demonstrated ability in project management
– Demonstrated abilities of working collaboratively with multiple work groups
– Contract and vendor management skills
– Considerable concentration and effort
You must also be able to perform the following tasks:
– Analyze issues: Gather relevant information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; seek input from others; use accurate logic in analyses
– Establish plans: Develop short and long-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals; integrate planning efforts across work units
– Manage execution: Assign responsibilities; delegate to and empower others; remove obstacles; coordinate work efforts when necessary; monitor progress
– Lead courageously: Step forward to address difficult issues; put self on the line to deal with important problems; stand firm when necessary
– Influence others: Assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; mobilize people to take action
– Foster teamwork: Build effective teams committed to organizational goals; foster collaboration among team members and among teams; use teams to address relevant issues
– Champion change: Challenge the status quo and champion new initiatives; act as a catalyst of change and stimulate others to change; pave the way for needed changes; manage implementation effectively
– Build relationships: Relate to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; show sincere interest in others and their concerns; initiate and develop relationships with others as a key priority
– Display organizational skills: Develop effective give-and-take relationships with others; understand the agendas and perspectives of others; recognize and effectively balance the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization
– Speak effectively: Speak clearly and express self well in groups and in one-to-one conversations
– Know the Business: Show understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keep that knowledge up to date; have and use cross-functional knowledge
If you have what it takes, please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we’re a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Visit us at www.quantum-qtr.com for more job opportunities!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.