Position: Senior Buyer
Salary: From $60,000 to $70,000
Do you have leadership qualities? Are you passionate about buying and purchasing? Our client is looking to add a Senior Buyer to their team. The Buyer is responsible for the tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, equipment and services to be used by the organization. The Buyer coordinates their efforts with Operations in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory at lowest total cost. The Buyer will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services at the most favorable cost for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
To be considered you must have:
– Postsecondary education (in material management, business or administration is preferred)
– Completed or in the process of completing the Certified Professional Purchaser designation training program and/or CAPICS diploma or APICS Certification is an asset
– Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience as a Buyer/Purchaser in a manufacturing environment familiar with BOM, MRP, ROP, VMI and experienced at setting inventory levels
– Skills in leading RFP, RFQ and contract negotiations, including proposal evaluation and analysis, and commercial terms and conditions
– Awareness of Lean/Continuous Improvement practices applicable to purchasing/supply chain such as Kanban & JIT is an advantage
– Experience in evaluating and developing alternative sources of supply
– Strong computer skills with respect to keyboarding, strong proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite such as Excel and Word
– Sound analytical thinking, planning and a high degree of accuracy
– Excellent communication skills
– The ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
– The willingness to travel occasionally – required
– Lead and assist other purchasing team members in the pursuit of department objectives
– Oversee supply chain optimization to procure the required level of quality materials/service to be received on time at a cost effective price
– Analyze sales orders and customer demand to determine material requirements
– Qualify and select suppliers, conduct negotiations and execute agreements while maintaining good vendor relations
– Assure purchasing is completed from approved vendors in accordance with established policies and procedures. This includes direct and indirect/MRO materials
– Actively participate and support continuous improvement initiatives
– Execute duties and responsibilities that may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: email@example.com.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we’re a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Visit us at www.quantum.ca for more job opportunities!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial