Position: Urban Planning and Land Development Manager
Salary: From $72,000 to $108,000 based on experience
Perks: Up to 10% bonus, 3 weeks’ vacation, 2% pension plan after 1 year of service
Relocate to Ottawa!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Land Development/Urban and Real Property Planning professional. Our client, one of the most well-known property development companies in Ottawa, is seeking the expertise of a Land Development Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Land Development, the individual will engage in various stages of the development process to achieve project and corporate goals.
Responsibilities include the following:
– Manage the development approval applications including official plan amendment, zoning amendment, committee of adjustment, plan of subdivision, site plan control and condominium applications
– Conduct property research such as urban design, property roll assessments, Ontario Municipal Board decisions, heritage status, parkland dedication
– Assess development opportunities using the relevant municipal policies
– Research and recommend best options throughout the property acquisition to development approval process
– Conduct site visits; manage site servicing schedules and budgets
– Prepare internal reporting after analyzing municipal policies
– Monitor and report on relevant industry issues as well as project related issues at public meetings
– Conduct regular market research to understand the trends and risks of the development projects
– Manage the project team to submit materials on time and within budget
– Manage application submission, obtain approval from the city and schedule activities for the projects
– Participate in public meetings, prepare project team for hearings and negotiate agreements for permits
– Post-secondary education in Engineering/Planning; College diploma (Civil Technologist) or University degree (Urban Planning Program, Engineering and/or related discipline)
– Minimum 5 to 8 years of previous planning/development experience with a developer, consultant or municipality
– Knowledge of MS Project or similar scheduling programs
– Knowledge of AutoCAD is an asset
– Knowledge of the current City of Ottawa official plan, zoning by-laws and development processes and policies
– Knowledge of Ontario planning legislation, in particular the Planning Act
– Knowledge of the planning process and planning theory
– Negotiation and mediation skills
– Analytical, research and report writing skills
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we’re a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Visit us at www.quantum.ca for more job opportunities!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial