Sales Talent Agency
Our client is one Canada’s oldest, largest and most well respected medical marijuana company. They work with the government to develop the right regulation for this sector and are the go to suppliers for the pharmaceutical industry.
With 4000+ customers, operations in multiple countries, and the momentum to keep growing from here they are in a great position to continue leading this sector.
To achieve their goals they are looking to add a Vice President of Marketing and Sales to their team to further build their brand and manage the sales teams.
You’ll be working on things like:
1. Understand what clients (both physicians and patients) want and deliver that product in that manner.
2. Manage any and all marketing and sales activities that lead to the objective immediately above, to include:
a) Be a product design leader by understanding of the market preference for the type of product (both ingredients and delivery method)
b) Increase product awareness to both physician and patient (as well as general population) leading to understanding and motivation and ultimately trial.
c) Create and execute any and all programs that lead to b) above including advertising, promotion, customer relations, physician and patient education and market research (knowing competition)
3. Advise and act as a liaison between outside vendors and management. This includes any contracted Companies such as sales and marketing firms, graphic design firms, website design etc.
4. Guide and support management in marketing planning and public relations strategies to ensure alignment with Company objectives.
5. Plan, manage and coordinate marketing communication initiatives; internal and external communications (includes but is not limited to media, public relations, social media, web communications and branding) and special events promotions.
6. Monitor communication and advertising trends and any associated budgets.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with communication and advertising (for educational purposes) agencies and other marketing and communications services.
8. Develop and maintain relationships with physicians, nurse practitioners and any special interest groups (including but not limited to MS, Cancer, Osteoarthritis).
9. Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential, monitor customer preferences and inventory requirement.
10. Calculate realistic and profitable sales goals working to increase productivity.
11. Ensure services are in compliance with professional and Company policy standards.
12. Create objectives and policies for marketing and sales department.
What we are looking for:
A Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Marketing and Sales with a minimum of 15 years of direct related work experience preferably in a pharmaceutical environment. An MBA will be considered an asset.
This employee must have a demonstrated experience in market positioning and product differentiation (product, service and price). Superior communication, public speaking and writing skills are a must. This employee must also be creative and be able to think of non-conventional solutions to problems.