The Business Analyst’s mandate is to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task reviews and workflow analysis. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract upwards from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Strong analytical skills are required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret global and local business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates. Produce, maintain and interpret workflow diagrams. Collaborate with internal and third-party developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical or functional vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs. Develop requirements traceability matrices, test cases and test scripts.
- Gathering requirements from multiple sources and distilling those requirements into a single set of documented needs
- Collaborating with business users to understand their challenges and being able to solve those challenges by leveraging business systems and technology
- Working closely with software developers, project managers, and systems testers to translate business requirements into successful technical deliveries
- Identifying business processes, roles within those processes, and developing workflow diagrams with multiple swim lanes using Microsoft Visio
- Developing business requirements documents, requirements traceability documents, test cases and test scripts using Microsoft Office products
- Understanding ERP systems required by apparel and/or discrete manufacturing firms thoroughly enough to hit the ground running
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Must have experience in one of Discrete Manufacturing or Retail
- Possessing 2-3 years of business process mapping experience
- Communicating effectively via written and oral means within multiple levels of a global matrix organization
- Supporting business transformation by implementing and enhancing mission critical systems
- Implementing and/or operating Microsoft Dynamics AX or comparable systems
- Supporting modern business intelligence stack and normal business reporting technology
- Customizing and configuring Microsoft Dynamics AX applications suites
- Working within a manufacturing firm where sales order entry, shop order execution, inventory management, forecasting, material requirements planning, and procurement are mission critical processes
- Working closely with Finance & Accounting to ensure operational ERP information flows flawlessly into the Financials, specifically Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger modules
- Working within a global organization and understanding the challenges that are presented by multiple languages, currencies and cultures
- Delivering detailed business requirements and test cases for systems enhancements
- Possessing a working knowledge of the ITIL processes including Incident Management, Change Management, and Release Management
- Developing reports and being able to understand ERP systems tables enough to write simple to moderately complex SQL for performing database queries
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.