As the Systems Administrator, you will be responsible to administer infrastructure and network systems within Canada Goose’s growing technology infrastructure. You will provide support in various IT areas including: server/cloud/network/application management, network security, end-user support, phone/voicemail administration, and special projects as needed. The Systems Administrator possess excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with exceptional attention to detail and high degree of accuracy. In this role, it is critical that the Systems Administrator demonstrates strong verbal and written skills paired with the ability to work courteously and effectively with all end users.
- Network administration (full edge, external/internal/wireless) in a global multi-site network
- Windows systems administration in a domain environment
- Exchange administration (2013/Office 365)
- VMware administration (ESX 5.5)
- Enterprise SAN and NAS administration
- Support of enterprise applications (Manufacturing/ERP technologies)
- Management of backup systems (on/off-site)
- Phone and voicemail system administration (Avaya IP Office)
- Unified communications (Office365) and collaboration tools support
- Setup and management of servers and network appliances
- Mobile Device Management (BlackBerry, iOS)
- Manage complex support issues to resolution
- Working with hosting partners and other technical resources to resolve system/network issues
- Escalation contact for service desk
- Vendor management
- Supporting commerce/retail systems
- Knowledge improvement through course and seminar offerings
- Keep abreast of trends in technology industry and provide guidance where necessary
- Provide exceptional service to all departments using available resources while meeting set SLA’s
- Assist in special projects as required
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- A post-secondary education required or equivalent
- Certifications in network (CCNA) and Systems (Microsoft) or Virtualization (VCP)
- Azure administration considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Strong network security management skills (Palo Alto preferred) > 5 yrs.
- Supporting a corporate, technology-based environment with at least 30 servers and 400 workstations in a multi-site global environment 1-4 yrs.
- Windows 2008/2012R2 administration >5 yrs.
- Administration of SQL server 1-4 yrs.
- Active Directory administration with extensive group policy experience > 5 yrs.
- Exchange 2013 and Office 365 administration 1-4 yrs.
- VMWare Infrastructure administration in a clustered environment > 5 yrs.
- Strong network background (VLANs, Routing, IPSEC) > 5 yrs.
- Backup maintenance and disaster recovery 1-4 yrs.
- Strong understanding of systems management technologies (Kace preferred) > 5 yrs.
- Strong understanding of high availability design and experience in a high availability environment 1-4 yrs.
- Experience in proper securing, managing, implementing and monitoring of servers and workstations as per industry best practices > 5 yrs.
- SAN and NAS management (Dell Compellent preferred) > 5 yrs.
- Experience with administering corporate wired and wireless infrastructure 1-4 yrs.
- Administration of Avaya (or Cisco) phone/voicemail system 1-4 yrs.
- Identity management administration (Single Sign On) 1-4 yrs.
- Ability to support end users using different methodologies (phone, in person, web)
- Creativity and demonstrated ability working in a fast paced environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity is critical
- Can easily make the needed connections between systems, processes, and individuals to facilitate change
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- A clear sense of urgency to achieve results. A “can-do”, “let’s make it happen” attitude
- A continuous learner who embraces ongoing improvement by proposing new and/or better ways of doing things
- Passionate and determined with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Usually work regular business hours, but may require evenings and weekends to complete projects, monitor system/network alerts or maintenance on systems
- Work in offices, manufacturing facilities, environmentally controlled server rooms
- May require travel to local or international sites, conferences and/or seminars
- Lifting items up to 22 pounds may be routinely required
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.